Humpty Doo Barramundi Pty Ltd (NT)
Medium fish nursery, production ponds and processing equipment
NAIF finance assisted in the recognition of northern Australia as a leading supplier of premium saltwater farmed barramundi.
Small scale agriculture is difficult to finance in the private sector.
NAIF finance allowed fast tracking of this major Humpty Doo investment which would not have been possible in the short term without NAIF.
- Target of 10% Indigenous employment
- Employing culturally appropriate HR Manager & Mentor to support Indigenous employment and participation opportunities
- Identification of sub-contracting opportunities for Aboriginal businesses and engage suppliers and service providers with a demonstrated commitment to Indigenous engagement
Economic Impact and Other Public Benefit
- Increase in production capacity to meet increasing demand for fish, with additional employment (in Stage 1, 13 construction jobs and 7 ongoing jobs)
- Help grow the NT aquaculture sector, through supply of fishlings and future multi-user processing capabilities