Humpty Doo Barramundi Farm (HDB) – Investment Decision
Solar farm, medium fish nursery and processing equipment. Humpty Doo, NT
- Partnerships with Indigenous communities, recruit Indigenous employees, offer participation opportunities,
- Engage only suppliers who demonstrate commitment to Indigenous employment, training and ‘Healthy Community Initiatives’
This major investment in farm infrastructure would not have been possible in the short term without NAIF.
NAIF finance allowed HDB to fast track this investment, enabling northern Australia to be firmly recognised as a leading supplier of premium saltwater farmed barramundi.
- 50 local jobs over the 3 stages which will double HDB farm employees (approximately 20 jobs in stage 1)
- Renewable energy from the solar farm, reduced demand on aging natural gas fired power stations and assist NT meet its 50% renewable energy target
- Help grow the NT aquaculture sector, through supply of fishlings and future multi-user processing capabilities