Kalium Lakes Pty Ltd (WA)
78 kilometre lateral gas pipeline, gas fired power station, upgrades to a connecting road, new communication facilities, airstrip and accommodation village
NAIF investment is a major milestone for the Beyondie SOP Project that:
- will allow Kalium Lakes to bring forward construction of the gas pipeline and the on-site gas fired power station (reducing operating costs by approximately A$31-34 per tonne), and
- fills a financing gap that could not be obtained from private sector debt due to the nature of the commodity (not exchange traded), and it being the first domestic project of its kind that supports Australian agricultural producers.
*Financial assistance is subject to the finalisation of conditions precedent and WA Government’s consideration and agreement for approved funds to be advanced.
Indigenous Engagement & Outcomes
- Existing strong relationship with local Traditional Owners groups, the Gingirana
and Birriliburu peoples
- Proactive identification and support of candidates for employment opportunities
- Training and support to improve employee retention
- Promotion of procurement opportunities and supporting Indigenous business capacity building
Other Public Benefit
• The Project will create a new agricultural domestic industry
• Provides first domestic source of high yield premium fertiliser (Sulphate of Potash (SOP)) which plays a significant role in improving agricultural yield and productivity
NAIF’s media release regarding the Investment Decision to Kalium Lakes Limited can be found here