NAIF values feedback and is committed to an effective complaints handling process that reflects the needs, expectations and rights of all Complainants.
The objective of NAIF’s Complaint Handling Policy is to ensure that NAIF has a structured process for responding to, recording and reporting Complaints.
NAIF aims to ensure that Complainants are:
- provided with information on the Complaint handling process;
- provided with multiple ways to make a Complaint;
- listened to, treated with respect and kept informed of the Complaint process; and
- provided with reasons for decisions and options for review.
How to submit a Complaint
A Complaint is to be submitted in writing and must include the following details:
- Name, preferred phone number, email and postal addresses;
- If representing another party, their contact information;
- An outline of the Complaint and any previous efforts made to resolve the matter;
- The desired outcome or result of the Complaint (in order to understand and manage expectations); and
- Any previous contact with NAIF on this or similar issues.
The following contact details must be used for submitting a Complaint:
P.O. Box 4896
Cairns QLD 4870
E-mail: email@example.com new email
If a Complaint is made and the matter has not been resolved satisfactorily, the Complainant may contact the Office of the Commonwealth Ombudsman (OCO) on 1300 362 072 or via an online complaint form. The OCO safeguards the community in its dealings with the Australian government and aims to makes sure the actions of agencies are fair and responsible.
For further information refer to the NAIF Complaint Handling Policy.opens PDF file