NAIF’s exciting mission is to generate transformational growth for northern Australia through being an innovative financing partner. The key focus of any NAIF financing is to drive impact through public benefit, economic and population growth and enhanced Indigenous involvement in northern Australia.
Our 2019-20 Annual Reportopens PDF file highlights our performance for the year to 30 June 2020 that saw NAIF:
- Provide loan commitments (known as Investment Decisions) to 11 infrastructure projects across northern Australia worth $1.4bn, to support projects with a total capital value of $2bn.
- The Investment Decisions were for projects spread across northern Australia with:
- $767m committed for Queensland projects
- $452m committed for Northern Territory projects and
- $163m committed for Western Australian projects.
- The projects are forecast to contribute over $4bn of economic benefit to the northern Australian economy, which is a multiplier of 2.8 for every NAIF loan dollar committed.
- The projects funded by NAIF are forecast to support 3,530 jobs in either the construction or operational phase.