Northern Territory Airports
Cold storage and export hub at Darwin Airport, solar energy farms at Darwin, Tennant Creek and Alice Springs and offsite multi-user battery, runway upgrades at Alice Springs
NAIF’s ability to provide an early indication of support for these projects has accelerated their construction timetable
Transport related infrastructure is an important enabler of growth and prosperity in the north
Indigenous Engagement & Outcomes
- Commitment to 10% Indigenous employment target
- Project Management Team will oversee procurement activities, workforce commitments and broader partnerships with specialist Indigenous engagement experts and employment service providers
- Key Indigenous stakeholders (including Larrakia Development Corporation) have been identified for ongoing engagement
*The financial assistance is subject to the finalisation of the NT Government’s consideration and agreement of the approved funds to be advanced.
Economic Impact and Public Benefit
- Increased capacity to attract bigger planes to carry more tourists and export the norths’ distinctive products such as mud crabs, barramundi, mangoes and melons to Asia
- Local businesses, including Indigenous organisations, will benefit from the Project
The most recent media release relating to NAIF’s support for NT Airports can be found here.