Northern Australia is a diverse and vibrant region rich in opportunities to drive growth in jobs and investment for the benefit of all Australians. A strong and prosperous north is critical to Australia's economic future. Realising the vision of a stronger north requires a long-term commitment and united efforts across government, industry and the community.
The Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility (NAIF) is implementing the Australian Government’s northern agenda, in close collaboration with a diverse range of partners.
- The Office for Northern Australia
- Cooperative Research Centre for Developing Northern Australia (CRCNA) funds industry-led research to develop new technologies, products and services in the north.
- The Northern Australia Indigenous Reference Group was established in 2017 to provide advice to the Australian and northern jurisdictional governments on Indigenous economic advancement in northern Australia. The group ensures the interests of Indigenous land owners, communities and businesses is represented in the northern Australia agenda. Members have high-level expertise and experience across a range of industries, sectors and regions, rather than specific organisations or communities.
Northern Australia Development Program
The Northern Australia Development Program (NADP) is an exciting new $111.9 million program designed to help grow businesses and industries in northern Australia.
Open to small to medium businesses, including Indigenous businesses, the NADP will fund up to 50 per cent of the total cost of individual projects through two simultaneous grant streams:
- Stream 1: targeting small to medium businesses with expansion and diversification grants of between $50,000 and $2 million
- Stream 2: targeting larger businesses with grants between $3 million and $10 million to establish a new industry or significantly grow the value of an existing industry, contributing to transformational change in a region.
The NADP will be supported by a specialised business advisory service to help grow and strengthen successful businesses in a strategic way.
Eligibility guidelines are available at business.gov.au/NADP. The first round of the NADP opened on 4 November 2021 and close 10 December 2021. Grants will be awarded from February 2022.